Losec Control 20mg Tablets
Losec Control gastro-resistant tablets contains the active substance omeprazole. It belongs to a group of medicines called ‘proton pump inhibitors’. They work by reducing the amount of acid that your stomach produces.
Losec Control is used in adults for the short-term treatment of reflux symptoms (for example heartburn and acid regurgitation).
Reflux is the backflow of acid from the stomach into the gullet “foodpipe”, which may become inflamed and painful. This may cause you symptoms such as a painful burning sensation in the chest rising up to the throat (heartburn) and a sour taste in the mouth (acid regurgitation).
It might be necessary to take the tablets for 2-3 consecutive days to achieve improvement of symptoms.
Directions for use:
The usual dose is one 20 mg tablet once a day for 14 days.
Contact your doctor if you are not free from symptoms after this period. It might be necessary to take the tablets for 2-3 consecutive days to achieve improvement of symptoms.
Usually complete relief of heartburn is achieved within 7 days. If you experience complete relief of symptoms, discontinue treatment.
Do not take Losec Control:
- if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to omeprazole or any of the other ingredients of Losec Control.
- if you are allergic to medicines containing other proton pump inhibitors (e.g. pantoprazole, lansoprazole, rabeprazole, esomeprazole).
- if you are taking a medicine containing nelfinavir (for HIV infection).
Tell your doctor before taking Losec Control if:
- you have ever had a skin reaction after treatment with a medicine similar to Losec Control that reduces stomach acid.
- If you get a rash on your skin, especially in areas exposed to the sun tell your doctor as soon as you can, as you may need to stop your treatment with Losec Control. Remember to also mention any other ill-effects like pain in your joints.
- you are due to have a specific blood test (Chromogranin A). T
Do not take Losec Control for more than 14 days without consulting a doctor. If you do not experience relief, or if you experience a worsening of symptoms, consult your doctor.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before taking any medicine.
The active substance is omeprazole. Losec Control gastro-resistant tablets contain omeprazole magnesium corresponding to 20 mg omeprazole.
The other ingredients are Cellulose microcrystalline, Glycerol monostearate 40-55, Hydroxypropylcellulose, Hypromellose, Macrogol 6000, Magnesium stearate, Methacrylic acid – ethyl acrylate copolymer (1:1) dispersion 30 percent, Polysorbate 80, Crospovidone (type A), Sodium hydroxide (for pH-adjustment), Sodium stearyl fumarate, sugar spheres (contains sucrose and corn starch), Synthetic paraffin, Talc, Triethyl citrate, Iron oxide reddish-brown (E172), Titanium dioxide (E171)
Keep all medicines out the sight and reach of children.
Always consult the Patient Information Leaflet before using this medicine
There are no reviews yet.